Education and Training
CASA House Training Calendar workshops are AASW Endorsed CPD
To book your place simply complete a registration form and return by email or fax.
- 2017 Semester 2 Training Calendar (PDF document - 175 Kbyte)
- Semester 2 Training Calendar Registration Form (PDF document - 175 Kbyte)
Workshop Cancellation Policy
Registration fee will be refunded or transferred to a forthcoming workshop for cancellations made up to one week prior to workshop
Workshops may be cancelled and your registration fee refunded if registration numbers are too low.
Each year CASA House provides community and professional training for those interested in gaining skills and insight into working with women and men who have experienced sexual assault. People who attend our workshops come from health and welfare, counselling and medical fields.
Responding to Sexual Assault
This one day workshop explores the nature and impact of sexual assault on individuals and families and how workers can respond in ways that are sensitive and effective to those seeking assistance.
Completion of this one day workshop will assist participants to:
- Extend knowledge of the nature and consequences of sexual assault
- Understand key issues relevant to sexual assault as a way of providing an effective response
- Develop skills and confidence in responding to disclosures of sexual assault
- Identify referral options and professional support.
Who should attend
Workers in adult health, medical and welfare settings. Tertiary students studying in a related field are also welcome to apply.
Working with the Impacts of Sexual Assault
This two day workshop builds on prior working knowledge of sexual assault. It enhances an understanding of theory relevant to sexual assault and equips participants with frameworks and skills for managing and working with sexual assault.
Completion of this 2 day workshop will assist participants to:
- Strengthen theoretical foundations ideas about sexual assault consistent with feminism, trauma informed practice and systemic practice
- Increase skills and apply a range of strategies for responding and working with people who have been affected by sexual assault
- Identify and manage vicarious trauma for workers in this field.
Who should attend
Completion of CASA House Responding to Sexual Assault workshop is encouraged before participation in this program, although recognition of prior learning and experience will be considered.
CASA House also tailors training programs about responding and managing the effects of sexual assault that are specific to your agency needs. If you are interested in us developing a training program to meet the needs of your agency, please contact us to discuss your requirements and negotiate cost.
Venue and catering
Training workshops are conducted on Level 4 of the Queen Victoria Women's Centre (QVWC), 210 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne. Paid parking is available nearby however, the QV centre is also serviced by many forms of public transport - trains to Melbourne Central, Swanston Street trams and Lonsdale Street buses.
CASA House provides morning and afternoon tea. Training participants are welcome to bring their own lunch or enjoy the selection of food available in the QV foodcourt adjacent to QVWC.