Education and Training
Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault one day Workshops are open for bookings...
See the CASA House Eventbrite page for details of upcoming workshops and to book your place.
In Person workshops will take place at the Queen Victoria Women's Centre, Level 5, 210 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000
Online workshops will take place via video link sent to registered participants.
Each year CASA House provides community and professional training for those interested in gaining skills and insight into working with people of all genders who have experienced sexual assault. People who attend our workshops come from health and welfare, counselling and medical fields.
Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault 1-Day workshop
This interactive workshop acknowledges that sexual assault can and does occur to people of all genders and draws on CASA House’s feminist and trauma-informed frameworks to support participants to:
- Define sexual violence, including developing a comprehensive understanding of consent and free agreement
- Understand structural factors underpinning prevalence of sexual assault and actively challenge common rape myths & victim-blaming
- Understand the impacts of sexual violence on victim-survivors and explore trauma-informed frameworks for responding to sexual violence
- Respond effectively to disclosures of sexual violence by promoting victim-survivor ‘Rights, Options & Control’
- Explore the impacts of vicarious trauma & methods of resisting burnout via self and collective care
- Identify referral pathways for support & counselling
Due to the interactive nature of the RDSA workshop, CASA House prefers to hold these sessions in a face-to-face setting, where Government COVID-19 requirements permit.
Sessions are held at the Queen Victoria Women's Centre Building (QVWC) 210 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000
Workshop Cancellation Policy
Registration fee will only be refunded for cancellations made up to one week prior to workshop
Requests to transfer to a forthcoming workshop will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will only apply to requests received up to one week prior to workshop
Workshops may be cancelled and your registration fee refunded if registration numbers are too low.
CASA House also tailors training programs about responding and managing the effects of sexual assault that are specific to your agency needs. If you are interested in us developing a training program to meet the needs of your agency, please contact us to discuss your requirements and negotiate cost.
Venue and Catering
Queen Victoria Women's Centre (QVWC) is located at 210 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
Paid parking is available nearby however, the QV centre is also serviced by many forms of public transport - trains to Melbourne Central, Swanston Street trams and Lonsdale Street buses.
CASA House provides morning and afternoon tea. Training participants are welcome to bring their own lunch or enjoy the selection of food available in the QV foodcourt adjacent to QVWC.
• There is a ramp from the LHS of the front entrance at Lonsdale Street which brings guests through to the rear entrance.
• The lift to level 5 is situated just inside the rear entrance.
• Short term parking (20 mins) is available at the Lonsdale St entrance.
• Alternate access is from Russell Street and Artemis Lane or from QV shopping centre carpark
• If coming from the QV Centre carpark, there is a lift to the ground level QV Square Lawn Area, then a disabled lift down the stairs to the rear entrance of QVWC building. For enquiries please call 9635.3600